The terms, conditions and policies set out below apply to the purchase of tickets from this website and the company Rail Charter Services Ltd, (the Company’). Please ensure that you have read and understood them before you commit to your purchase. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the site. Please check this page of the site periodically
- Purchase And Delivery Of Tickets
- 2.1 The Companies will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the prices listed on this website remain correct and up to date. However we do adopt a yield management model whereby prices can fluctuate up or down depending on demand. Once booked the price paid will be honoured regardless of whether tickets on the same train rise (or fall)
- 2.2 The Companies will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that any tickets purchased from the attraction are available for use at the attraction or event for which they have been purchased on the date and (if applicable) at the time for which they have been purchased.
- 2.3 You are responsible for printing your eticket immediately following purchase. It will not be posted to you.
- Your Responsibilities
- 3.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase tickets for the correct date on which you wish to attend. If you subsequently realise that you have made an error, please contact Customer Services immediately at email@example.com
- 3.2 Please check your tickets carefully, as well as any receipt or booking confirmation received from us after completion of your purchase. If there is an error or mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. It is your responsibility to ensure the entire ticket is clearly printed or saved onto your phone or eletronic devise and is clearly visible.
- 3.3 Before you purchase your tickets, it is your responsibility to check whether there are any special restrictions on entry to the relevant attraction or event (for example, but without limitation, age restrictions or height restrictions). The companies shall not be liable for any refusal of entry to the attraction or event due to any inability to comply with such restrictions.
- 3.4 Security Checks – when redeeming your ticket, as defined in clause 4, you may be asked some simple security questions on presentation. These questions are designed to safeguard you and the companies against fraudulent use.
- 3.5 It is your responsibility to ensure that your tickets are not lost, stolen or damaged. The Companies will not be liable to provide a refund if you are unable to attend the attraction or event due to loss or theft of, or damage to, or an inability to print your tickets.However you may wish to save your e-ticket onto your phone or other electronic devise to show before boarding and/or on the train.
- Transfer And Resale Of Tickets
- 4.1 No ticket purchased from the attraction online shall be resold to a third party under any circumstances, and any such resale shall have the effect of rendering that ticket void and unusable as a means of entry to the attraction or event for which it was purchased.
- 4.2 No ticket purchased shall be used for advertising, promotions, contests, competitions or sweepstakes, unless permission has been obtained in advance from both Vticket and the owner of the relevant attraction or organiser of the event.
- 4.3 No ticket purchased shall be transferred to or used by a third party unless permission is obtained.
- 4.4 Tickets purchased are only for the personal use of you and your party. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased if there is any resale or attempted resale of tickets at a higher price than purchased. This includes tickets being traded at an inflated price including through auction sites such as EBAY. The holder of a resold ticket may be refused entry or rejected from the attraction or event.
- 4.5 In the event of the venue/attraction being closed due to exceptional circumstances at the specified time/date of the event, a refund may be applicable subject to 3.4 above.
- Limitations On Liability
- 5.1 The Companies shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to property at the attraction or event, nor shall it be liable for the death of or personal injury to any person attending any attraction or event, save to the extent that such death or personal injury is caused by its own negligence or breach of statutory duty.
- 5.2 The Companies shall not be liable for any closure or partial closure of any attraction or any cancellation of any event by the attraction owner or event organiser, nor shall it be liable for any variation to the programme of any event.
- 5.3 The Companies shall not under any circumstances be liable for any unforeseeable loss damage or injury, nor shall it be liable in any way or for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever.
- 5.4 The liability of the Companies for any breach of these terms and conditions or for any breach of statutory duty shall be limited in any event to the face value of the ticket you have purchased.
If you have any issues during the tour please bring them to the immediate attention of the on-train management so that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation. If the problem is not resolved, then please put your complaint in writing to arrive in our office no later than 10 days after the completion of the tour. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days, investigate and respond within 10 working days.
Wheelchairs & Mobility
Due to the age and construction of our train it may not possible to board whilst seated in a wheelchair, however we will be pleased to convey disabled passengers whenever possible provided they can step onto the train from the platform and move to their reserved seats with the help of an able bodied carer as our staff are regrettably unable to assist, the wheelchair then being folded and stored at the end of the carriage. Some of the platforms on our tours are much shorter than our train which may necessitate walking through a number of carriages when boarding or alighting, in addition the platforms at some remote stations are rather low or accessible only by a footbridge. These points should be borne in mind for guests who may have mobility issues. We are unable to convey motorised scooters, buggies or electric wheelchairs at any time unless specifically agreed prior the operation of the trip.
- 6.1 These terms and conditions represent the entire understanding and agreement between us and you acknowledge that you have not been induced to purchase any tickets by any representations made by the Companies but nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 6.2 If any Court shall find any provision of these terms and conditions to be void or unenforceable then that provision shall be rendered ineffective to the extent of the Court’s finding but this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions.
- 6.3 These terms and conditions are governed by English law and any dispute between the parties shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 6.4 None of these terms and conditions shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party (with the exception of the attraction owner or event organiser, who may enforce them), but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from under that Act.
- Governing Law
- 7.1 These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute
8. Nominated Operator Conditions of Carriage
All our trains are operated by Locomotive Services (TOC) Limited, the conditions of carriage for which can be found at www.lsltoc.co.uk. This includes details of their Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) and Assisted Travel Policy (ATP). Any issues raised with us regarding operational issues will be forwarded to Locomotive Services (TOC) Limited and actioned within 7 working days.